Thursday, February 21, 2013

About this blog

I am tired of seeing all of these blogs and FaceBook pages where women post all of their creations, successes and perfectly organized homes....without showing the struggles they had in attaining them!
I want to create a place for open dialogue for women about things they want to achieve and how they plan to, or have already, attain(ed) the goals they have set for themselves, the failures they have had, the obstacles they are afraid to face, etc. I also hope to be able to bring the tiny bit of information that I have discovered makes MY life a little easier so that, if one of you want to, you can implement it into your own life. I will be sharing my struggles too, so that its easily recognizable that I am not where I want to be, yet! I am very excited about starting this blog and the other things I plan to go a long with it! 

It wasn't too long ago that I was talking to one of my younger friends about her struggles in life (just the normal struggles most of us have) and realized that she thought she was the only one who went through these things. It was really taking a toll on her! She was under the impression that my husband and I never argued, my children were abnormally smart and always perfectly behaved, and that my house was always clean! HAHA! She was, in fact, convinced that ALL of the girlfriends she had were "perfect". As we talked, she realized that my household was much like hers. I told her that I was willing to bet my life on the fact that all the other women she was envious of had similar secrets. ;) 
It made me realize that I am not always honest about things with my girlfriends. While my husband knows that I burn dinner, yell at my kids sometimes, go over budget, and tend to get lost on Pinterest doing absolutely nothing for hours on end, my girlfriends only come over announced (that's why I love them!!) so I am always able to make my house APPEAR to be clean, and threaten my children into behaving for a couple of hours. 
I recently did a Proverbs 31 study. I have heard so many times that it is impossible to be a Proverbs 31 woman and "do it all." I, however, think that it is achievable! I think that if I really set my mind to it, I could be the woman that my dear friend thought I was....and so could she....and so could you (if you aren't already). To become this woman, I think it takes not only hard work and discipline, but support and honesty from a network of girlfriends who are going through the same things. I hope to obtain more support as well as provide it to others through this blog and the FaceBook page I have created.

Alisha





No comments:

Post a Comment